My RIA Lawyer vigorously defends clients during arbitration.
If an investor, broker, or brokerage firm has initiated an arbitration claim against you, you can’t help but worry. Your reputation is at stake, and even a flimsy claim can get a favorable ruling during arbitration due to the relaxed rules of evidence and restricted rules of discovery. Fortunately, you don’t have to navigate arbitration yourself. An arbitration lawyer can represent you against investor and intra-industry claims, ensuring that you have a well-mounted defense.
My RIA Lawyer specializes in arbitration defenses across various platforms. Whether you are facing FINRA, AAA, JAMS or some other dispute resolution venue,, we are here to help. We understand that you have a lot on the line and need a vigorous defense to prove that you are not at fault. Contact our arbitration lawyer today to discuss your case.
Reasons for Arbitration
Our law firm defends clients against various claims. Common claims include:
- Failure to diversify investments
- Material misrepresentation
- Breach of fiduciary duty
Your Arbitration lawyer will evaluate the claim, review evidence, and build a defense. Often, claims are submitted without any wrongdoing on the advisor or firm’s part. Instead, investors become upset after losing money and want someone to blame. They hope that they will at least get a settlement out of it if they file a claim. In other cases, claimants have weak claims with little evidence. Often, these cases can be dismissed or settled with a desirable outcome during arbitration.
There are numerous defense options, and we will discuss the best strategy for your case after reviewing the evidence. Contact us today to learn more about how our Arbitration lawyer can help you defend yourself against the claim.
Depending on the nature of the case, you’ll present evidence in front of a single arbitrator or a panel of three arbitrators. If the claim is for more than $100,000, your hearing will occur in person, with one of the arbitrators serving as the chair. On the other hand, if you are defending yourself against a small claim, arbitration can occur in person, over the phone, or by submitting documents.
The arbitrators will listen to the evidence and render a decision. Unlike mediation, the decisions made during arbitration are final. Although the court might agree to vacate the award in some circumstances, there is no formal appeal process. Because it’s challenging to change the outcome of the decision, hiring an Arbitration lawyer is vital.
Reasons To Hire An Attorney
Hiring an attorney is critical when undergoing arbitration. While arbitration isn’t as complex as going to trial, there are still complicated regulations and laws that you must navigate. Also, the other side is likely to have legal representation. If you go in alone, you will have trouble presenting compelling evidence to defend yourself against the claim. This is especially true when there is anger and other emotions involved. Your arbitration lawyer will move beyond emotions and use facts and evidence to support your defense.
Your arbitration lawyer can help you choose arbitrators for your case. After filing the claim, you will receive a list of arbitrators. Because My RIA Lawyer has so much experience in securities arbitration, our attorneys can help you select arbitrators who are most likely to be sympathetic to your defense. We can strike up to four arbitrators from the list and then rank the remaining arbitrators. This will put you in the position to reach the desired outcome during the arbitration.
Why Choose My Ria Lawyer?
- Experts in the RIA Space – My RIA Lawyer is the only law firm solely focused on the RIA space.
- Confidential Strategy Session – During your phone or online video consultation, we will listen to you and help you determine your next steps.
- Focused Legal Practice – By focusing the firm on investment advisers, our clients receive specialized services and advice that finally allow them to take control and live the life they dream of.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – We are guaranteeing your satisfaction or you get your money back.
- Experienced – My RIA Lawyer has a proven record of protecting advisors against disputes with their clients, their former bosses and their partners, empowering them to exercise their rights and get compensated for damages.
- Highly Responsive – We strive for rapid return calls. No going dark or waiting days to hear back.
- Proactive Approach – Arbitration is costly and can take over a year to resolve, so we are proactive in finding solutions that cut costs and the amount of time you have to deal with a dispute.
- Our Vision – My RIA Lawyer wants to see advisors growing their businesses without threat of arbitration and disputes from partners, former bosses, and clients.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Excellent rating by respected legal website Avvo, awarded by Super Lawyers, 5- Star average review rating on Google. See some of our client reviews below.