FINRA Expungement Lawyer
Providing Peace of Mind to Registered Investment Advisors Nationwide
Expungement may be requested in both customer and intra-industry cases. If the case was filed by a customer or is an intra-industry case that requests expungement of customer dispute information, the panel must follow Rule 2080 and comply with Rule 12805 or Rule 13805.
If the claim is between a FINRA member firm and a current or former associated person, and the panel recommends the expungement of information not related to a customer dispute from the Central Registration Depository (“CRD”), the expungement recommendation may be based on the defamatory nature of the information in the CRD system. If the panel does not base its expungement recommendation on the defamatory nature of the information, FINRA will require the requesting party to obtain court confirmation of the award before executing the expungement recommendation.
The arbitrator must make an affirmative finding that the subject matter of the claim or the information in the CRD system meets one or more of the three standards, set forth in Rule 2080:
- The claim, allegation, or information is factually impossible or clearly erroneous. This standard, for example, would provide a basis for expungement for an individual who was named in an arbitration claim but was not employed or associated with the member firm during the relevant time.
- The registered person was not involved in the alleged investment-related sales practice violation, forgery, theft, misappropriation, or conversion of funds. This is an objective standard based on CRD reporting requirements. This standard would require an affirmative arbitral finding that the registered person was not involved in the alleged investment-related sales practice violation, forgery, theft, misappropriation, or conversion of funds. Under this standard, dismissal of a claim, by itself, would not be a sufficient basis for ordering expungement.
- The claim, allegation, or information is false. Under this standard, the adjudicator will assess the evidence in the case, make an affirmative finding that the claim, allegation, or information is false, and order expungement relief.
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A Consultation
Call (770) 870-1765 or fill out the short form below. We will usually respond within 1 business day but often do so the same day. Don’t hesitate, your questions are welcome.
How We Work
- Initial phone call with My RIA Lawyer to discuss legal strategy.
- Legal team is assigned, information is gathered, and Statement of Claim is prepared and submitted to FINRA.
- We communicate with the broker-dealer to ensure cooperation.
- We communicate with the investor in original underlying customer complaint to ensure cooperation and advise on how to respond to FINRA’s notification to them.
- We select the arbitration panel by thoroughly vetting each arbitrator’s background.
- We request documents, affidavits, and other evidence.
- We conduct all pre-hearing conferences.
- We attend the arbitration hearing.
- We file a motion in state court to confirm FINRA’s expungement.
- We present the state court’s grant of motion to FINRA.
- We ensure your U4 is properly expunged.
Why Choose My RIA Lawyer For FINRA Expungements?
- Experts in the RIA Space – My RIA Lawyer is the only law firm solely focused on the RIA space.
- Confidential Strategy Session – During your phone or online video consultation, we will listen to you and help you determine your next steps.
- Focused Legal Practice – By focusing the firm on investment advisers, our clients receive specialized services and advice that finally allow them to take control and live the life they dream of.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – We are guaranteeing your satisfaction or you get your money back.
- Experienced – My RIA Lawyer has a proven record of protecting financial advisers by helping them when issues, violations or the regulators themselves threaten your business and livelihood. We routinely help clients with expungements and are proud of our success rate.
- Highly Responsive – We strive for rapid return calls. No going dark or waiting days to hear back.
- Proactive Approach – Our goal is to keep nosy regulators out of your business and out of your wallet. When we aren’t helping firms avoid regulators by putting in place robust compliance systems, we are vigorously defending them against client and regulatory actions.
- Our Vision – My RIA Lawyer Wants to See Advisors fulfilling their purpose without the Worry of Compliance Tasks.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Excellent rating by respected legal website Avvo, Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2021, 5 – Star average review rating on Google. See some of our client reviews below.
Do You Need Help With
A FINRA Expungement?
Client Reviews– My RIA Lawyer – FINRA Expungement
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience:
“absolutely amazing”, “expert with compliance”, “gets results”, “genuinely care”, “extremely professional & organized”, “demonstrated expert knowledge” ,” personable staff “, “setting us up for success” “very happy with their services and professionalism”, “very responsive, communicative, and extremely knowledgeable”, “highly recommend their services”, “offers a wealth of knowledge as a business owner”, “conducts herself very professionally”, “recommend her services without reservation”, “jumped in to resolve the issues”, “provided expert legal advice”, “invaluable resource”, “look forward to working together again”, “advice was helpful and thorough”, “work is top notch”, “excellent to work with, very knowledgeable and detail oriented”, “excellent, capable”
Do You Need Help With
A FINRA Expungement?
FINRA Expungement rules are changing!
Tori's Tips- When a Client Complaint Becomes an Arbitration
Overview of Legal Services
What To Do Now:
Get in touch with us A.S.A.P. You are on a time crunch. The timeframe for expungements is limited. There have been rule changes that you may not be aware of. Ask us your questions and get a full analysis of your situation and options right away, since time is of the essence. Don’t let everything you’ve worked for slip away by not consulting an attorney in time. Call us for one-on-one assistance at (770) 870-1765 with your questions, a description of your situation and/or to schedule a consultation. You may also simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office. You can expect a reply within 1 business day and often within hours the same day. All information is confidential.