SEC Mock Exam Lawyer
My RIA Lawyer offers SEC mock exams to help RIAs meet compliance regulations.
SEC Mock Exam
Are you prepared if the SEC conducts a compliance exam? Whether you’re anxiously awaiting the first exam or have been cited for deficiencies in the past and worried about follow-up action, an SEC mock exam is the key to your success. My RIA Lawyer offers a detailed mock exam service that includes both on-site and off-site exams. This service will help your Chief Compliance Officer and compliance staff prepare for future exams. With our help, you can correct compliance issues now before the SEC steps in.
SEC compliance is not something to be taken lightly. If you wait until exam day to prepare, it could be too late. Contact us today to undergo a state-of-the-art SEC mock exam at your office.
SEC Mock Exam Process
My RIA’s comprehensive SEC mock exam service includes:
- Off-site review
- Exam report outlining deficiencies and categorized by level of risk
- On-site mock SEC exam
- Remediation Plan
- Compliance Meeting with staff to discuss major deficiencies
- Regulatory updates
How The Mock Exam Process Works
My RIA Lawyer’s SEC mock exam mimics the process the SEC uses. First, we will initiate an off-site review by requesting documents related to recent requests made by SEC examiners.
Next, we will perform an on-site mock SEC exam. We will conduct staff and personnel interviews and live testing of your books and records, storage, client files, and more. After going through our findings, we will provide a written summary of the findings. The review will also include a schedule for remediation of any deficiencies we discover. Each deficiency will be assigned a risk level. This indicates which compliance issues are the most serious and should be corrected first. We will discuss the remediation tasks in detail and help you comply with all regulations. With our assistance, you can fix any problems before undergoing a real SEC exam.
Compliance Rests On The CEO’s Shoulders
Many people don’t realize this, but the SEC can hold the CEO responsible for not facilitating the firm’s compliance needs. If the SEC determines that the CEO knew of issues, or the CCO asked for compliance changes or more resources, and the CEO did not provide it, the SEC will take action. The SEC has the power to fine the CEO personally, as well as the company.
By undergoing an SEC mock exam, you can protect yourself and your company. Using this service shows that you are dedicated to maintaining compliance standards. However, if you don’t get a lawyer, you could be on the hook for a hefty fine. Even first-time offenders can expect large fines. Thus, an SEC mock exam is critical to your firm’s financial health. In many cases, a firm’s insurance company will offer discounts or subsidize the cost of a mock exam if they hire a reputable company to conduct it.
Learn What Documents The SEC Will Request
An SEC mock exam does more than ensure you comply. It will also make the process of gathering and providing documents much easier during a real SEC exam. Many firms are overwhelmed by the number of documents they have to supply. Karen Bordonaro, the CCO for Demming Financial Services Corp, provides an excellent example of this. When her firm underwent its first SEC exam, the staff was instructed to provide documents that covered 18-20 areas. This was a limited scope exam, and it still took two employees up to 10 hours a day for five days to get all the necessary documents. You can save time and money by learning what will be expected through a mock exam.
Avoid Investigations With An SEC Mock Exam
Undergoing an SEC mock exam can help you avoid triggering an investigation of your firm. If your firm is investigated, you can expect to lose clients. This is especially true if you manage high and ultra-high net worth clients, charities or pension funds. Your clients might lose trust in you, even if you take care of the problems and get back in compliance. Avoid this problem by using our SEC mock exam services. By fixing the problems now, you won’t have to worry about a lengthy investigation that can harm your firm’s reputation and financial standing.
Why Choose My RIA Lawyer?
- Experts in the RIA Space – My RIA Lawyer is the only law firm solely focused on the RIA space.
- Confidential Strategy Session – During your phone or online video consultation, we will listen to you and help you determine your next steps.
- Focused Legal Practice – By focusing the firm on investment advisers, our clients receive specialized services and advice that finally allow them to take control and live the life they dream of.
- Satisfaction Guarantee – We are guaranteeing your satisfaction or you get your money back.
- Experienced – My RIA Lawyer has a proven record of protecting financial advisers by helping them create strong compliance systems and empowering them to fight back when regulators threaten their business and livelihood.
- Undergoing our Mock SEC Examination – Will help your CCO, compliance staff, and the rest of your firm understand how information will be scrutinized and examined, and reveal how each employee’s day-to-day responsibilities contribute to the firm’s overall compliance culture.
- Highly Responsive – We strive for rapid return calls. No going dark or waiting days to hear back.
- Proactive Approach – Our goal is to keep nosy regulators out of your business and out of your wallet. When we aren’t helping firms avoid regulators by putting in place robust compliance systems, we are vigorously defending them against client and regulatory actions.
- Our Vision – My RIA Lawyer Wants to See Advisors fulfilling their purpose without the Worry of Compliance Tasks.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Excellent rating by respected legal website Avvo, awarded by Super Lawyers, 5- Star average review rating on Google. See some of our client reviews below.